Booking Polices and Rules
Deposits & Payments:
A reservation deposit of 40% of the total is due at the time of booking, the reservation balance is due 8 weeks prior to arrival. Payments can be made using a credit or debit card, electronic check or by mailing a check. Please note, there will be a 3% convenience fee added to all credit card payments and a $2 charge for each electronic check payment. If paying by check, guests are given a 10-day window to mail in deposit payment; however, this only applies to reservations with more than 30 days prior to arrival. Check payment arrangements can be made by calling our office.
Cancellations & Refunds:
Guests have 10 days from the date that the reservation (unless the reservation occurs within 10 days of booking) was made to cancel with a cancellation fee of 25% of the total paid. Any cancellation that occurs outside of the 10-day grace period will not receive a refund. We understand that life happens. Travel Insurance is a cost effective way to protect our guest’s investment in their vacation on the Frio. Please ask a member of our team for more details on the Travel Insurance offered.
Click to see damage insurance details
Click to see travel insurance details
Rules and Policies:
- No Pets. Violators will be charged a nonrefundable fee, may be evicted and risk not being able to rebook. We ask that you communicate with us in advance if you have any questions on this policy.
- No Smoking inside the properties; this includes e-cigarettes. Dispose of butts in provided containers. If there is any indication of smoking in rental upon departure, you will be charged an additional cleaning fee.
- Quiet time begins at 11 PM – Please respect your neighbors by lowering the volume outside so that everyone may enjoy their vacation.
- Do not leave canopies in or along the river; all canopies must be taken down at the end of the day. Abandoned canopies are considered litter by the State and will be collected nightly.
- Rope Swings are not permitted on Frio Country property and will be cut down. The varying skill and sobriety level of our guests and other visitors to the area, combined with the natural change in water level and change in location of boulders, poses a safety hazard. Please be respectful of our property.
Parking and Extra Vehicles:
- Each rental is provided with one vehicle pass per bedroom of that cabin/home. This ensures that all guests are able to park in front of their home or cabin, that we are in compliance with the local Homeowners Association (if applicable) and that all units can be accessed in the event of an emergency, for maintenance or by security personnel.
- Each additional parking pass is $20 per vehicle for the duration of the stay. If you are in a vacation home, you are allowed to have two extra vehicles parked at your home, permitted there is space in the driveway. All extra vehicles (after the two extra) will need to park in our overflow parking lot in front of our office. If you are staying in a cabin on our Resort, all extra vehicles must park in the overflow parking lot in front of our office.
- Box trailers are considered a vehicle if it will remain at the home or cabin. Once unloaded, you may park it in the overflow parking free of charge. Please obtain an overflow pass from the office.
- For guests enjoying our vacation homes, please use the parking area in the front of the resort when visiting the river. Please do not drive back into the resort to unload or park. While at your vacation home, remember that there are permanent residents that live in our area full-time. Please respect their rights to enjoy a peaceful evening.
- We ask that all vehicles have parking passes displayed on rear-view mirrors and remain parked in front of the assigned cabin or home. Please do not park at other cabins, in the grass or along the sides of cabins/homes. You will be asked to move your vehicle.
- ATVs, golf carts, UTVs, and any other vehicle without a license plate are not permitted. If handicapped guests need assistance accessing the river, please contact Frio Country prior to your stay and we are happy to help find solutions. It is unlawful to drive an unregistered vehicle on public roads and highways. Unregistered vehicles have been banned in most subdivisions per HOAs, please contact our office prior your stay to confirm whether use is permitted in the neighborhood you are staying in.
We want you to enjoy your stay. Call our office 24/7 to report any maintenance issues, security concerns, etc., and resources will be dispatched appropriately. At check out, we would love to hear how your stay could have been better. We welcome your suggestions, maintenance concerns and of course, compliments.
Right of Entry:
Frio Country Resort reserves the right to enter property to address any maintenance issues reported by guests, check for damages, check occupancy and parking as deemed appropriate. Our team will contact the guest on file to notify of FCR staff arrival.
Frio Country Resort reserves the right to charge the guest’s credit card on file for any and all guest related damages. Please do not alter wiring on television, cable, sound system or Bluetooth devices. Additionally, do not attempt to adjust the swimming pool and hot tub settings. A minimum fee of $75 will be charged for maintenance to reset to appropriate settings.
An initial starter pack of trash bags is provided for each rental and can be found in one of the kitchen drawers. Please place your trash in the provided receptacles and close lid. Our team will visit each rental, twice daily, once in the morning and once in the afternoon to collect trash. Do not trash where you splash – you will find yellow trash bags in our office for all river trash. Yellow bags can be placed in any of the yellow dumpsters at public crossings. Glass and Styrofoam are not permitted in the river or pools.
A common maintenance and afterhours call is that the refrigerator is not cooling. Only fill refrigerators with pre-cooled items. Warm items will not be cold for up to 12 hours. If items are hot, please place them in an ice chest prior to placing them in refrigerator. Do not adjust refrigerator settings.
Guest renting at Frio Valley Ranch Golf Course::
Renters and guests are prohibited from accessing the golf course through their rental without visiting the club house to appropriately do so. This includes walking, jogging and riding bicycles on cart paths, visiting/fishing at the pond, and putting from property to greens and/or golf course property.*Please note, access to the golf course and amenities are not included in your rental.
Guest renting in the Cypress Bend Subdivision:
Owners and Guests renting homes within the Cypress Bend Subdivision are allowed to sue the riverfront park. Access is through the gate at the old Tennis Courts. Guests with river access to the park are not allowed to use the riverfront on private property upstream from the river park. No parking within two feet of the road’s edge is allowed in the CB subdivision.
Cabins, RVs, and vacation homes are on a septic system – please do not flush anything other than toilet paper down toilets. Do not pour grease down sinks.
*Please note, access to the golf course and amenities are not included in your rental.
Hold Harmless Agreement:
Lessee shall include all persons occupying or visiting property leased from FCR Partners, LP (DBA Frio Country Resort). Lessee agrees to protect, indemnify, save and hold harmless Frio Country Resort including its officers, agents, employees, and homeowners whose homes are part of the Frio Country Resort rental pool, from and against all losses, costs, and expenses, and from and against all claims, demands, suits, and actions for damages or from liability of whatever nature for any and all damages to property OR injury (including death) to any person or persons arising from a visit to property owned or managed by Frio Country Resort. The person signing the Hold Harmless Agreement as well as the rest of this rental agreement is responsible for conveying its contents to every person in their party and all guests visiting any Frio Country Resort property.