Garner State Park is known for having some of the most stunning and adventurous hiking trails in the Texas Hill Country. Explore over 1,770 acres of stunning landscapes and 2.9 miles of the Frio River. The thrilling outdoor adventures bring people from near and far to Garner State Park.
Frio Country Resort offers an incredible selection of cabins and vacation rentals on the Frio River. Frio Country Resort is family-friendly and family-owned, with 30+ acres of private Frio River frontage you can explore. Book your stay with Frio Country Resort today, then read our guide below on the top Garner State Park hiking trails.
Top 9 Garner State Park Hiking Trails
- White Rock Cave: If you’re looking for a peaceful and easy Garner State Park hiking trail, check out the White Rock Cave trail. It’s .6-miles out and back and takes an average of 25 minutes to complete.
- Mount Ol’ Baldy: This Garner State Park hiking trail is considered moderately challenging and about one mile long. It will take most people around 44 minutes to complete.
- Old Baldy, Foshee, Bridges, and Crystal Cave Trails Loop: This is a great hiking loop in Garner State Park for a longer journey at 3.5 miles. It’s considered moderately challenging and takes almost two hours and a half to complete.
- Crystal Cave via Horseshoe Canyon and Bridges Trail Loop: This is a moderately challenging trail that takes around 50 minutes to complete. Enjoy a thrilling 1.5-mile loop hiking in the Texas Hill Country.
- Ol’ Baldy and Foshee Trail: Enjoy a 1.9-mile loop hiking in the stunning Texas Hill Country. It’s considered moderately challenging and should take a little over an hour to complete.
- Frio Canyon Trail: This is another longer hiking loop at Garner State Park, but it only takes most people a little over one hour to complete. It’s 3.3 miles in length and is considered moderately challenging.
- Bridges Trail to Bird Trail Loop: This is a 1.6-mile loop that takes around 45 minutes to complete. Most hikers consider this trail to be moderately challenging.
- Crystal Cave via Foshee and Old Horse Trail: This is an easy but longer hiking trail in Garner State Park. It’s a 2.8-mile loop that takes most people around an hour and a half to complete.
- Bridges Trail, Highway, and Frio Canyon Loop: This is the longest Garner State Park hiking loop on our list at 5.8 miles. It’s moderately challenging and takes around two and a half hours to complete.